Message from the Chairman of AmCham Abu Dhabi
On behalf of AmCham Abu Dhabi’s Board of Directors and Executive Director Theresa F. Weber, I thank our members and strategic alliance partners who are instrumental in helping AmCham Abu Dhabi thrive as a leading trade association not only in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region, but also across the Global Network of AmChams.
2017 marks the 31st year that AmCham Abu Dhabi has increased commerce, investment and goodwill between the United States of America and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This year we have focused on our vision to be an innovative organization creating trusted commercial partnerships that broaden U.S.-U.A.E. relationships.
AmCham Abu Dhabi is an independent, not-for-profit association comprised of Fortune 500 corporations, leading Abu Dhabi companies, small and medium size enterprises, and prominent business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Through the generous support of our 600+ members, AmCham Abu Dhabi is the recognized voice of U.S. business in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. AmCham Abu Dhabi provides a powerful platform for our members to discuss and address issues affecting the business and trade relationship between the U.S. and U.A.E.
Here are a few highlights of the past year:
· The Year of Giving: 2017 was declared the U.A.E.’s Year of Giving and AmCham Abu Dhabi continued its long standing tradition of giving back to the community by applauding best in class American and Emirati companies and individuals for their achievements at AmCham Abu Dhabi’s 7th Annual Excellence Awards and 17th Charity Gala Celebration. Proceeds from the event were donated to local charities and educational institutions in support of aid initiatives and scholarship funds.
· A Social Media First: We expanded our member benefit offerings by launching the AmCham Abu Dhabi App, the first trade association App in the U.A.E. In addition, we increased our presence on social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. Our innovative member services continued with our governmental advocacy initiatives; business, education and networking programs; customized “market entry and market expansion” services; member discount program for Abu Dhabi businesses; and special programs for our Falcon Club and Platinum members.
· Leading the Conversation: We hosted events with U.S. and U.A.E. government and business leaders and organized kick off events to major international exhibitions including the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, International Defense Exhibition and the Global Aerospace Summit. Our groundbreaking Roundtable Summit continued for its 8th year with keynote speakers from the U.A.E. Ministry of Economy, Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Expo 2020 Dubai. This year’s Roundtable Summit report covered 10 industry sectors.
· Women in Business Pioneers: We celebrated the 4th anniversary of our Women Achieve initiative, with 50+ companies and organizations participating in this innovative program that supports the advancement of women into positions of higher responsibility and leadership.
· Strategic Partnerships: We continued to grow our strategic relationships with U.A.E, regional and U.S. organizations including the American Business Council of Dubai; AmCham MENA, which represents nine AmChams; the U.S.-U.A.E. Business Council in Washington DC; and the international division of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington DC.
AmCham Abu Dhabi will continue to advocate aggressively for “pro-export and pro-expat” U.S. trade and investment policies that defend and advance the interests of Americans working in Abu Dhabi.
On behalf of AmCham Abu Dhabi’s Board of Directors, Executive Director and administrative team, I thank our members and strategic alliance partners who are instrumental in helping AmCham Abu Dhabi thrive as a leading trade association in the Middle East & North Africa region and across the Global Network of AmChams.
If you would like to join AmCham Abu Dhabi and be part of one of the most dynamic trade associations in the world, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discover our valuable membership benefits.
Very truly yours,
Sharief F. Fahmy