U.S. Business Visa Program Guidelines
The U.S. Business Visa Program facilitates the application for business visas by providing expedited visa interview appointments at the U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi. This program is only offered to employees of AmCham Abu Dhabi Platinum and Corporate Members with an urgent need to travel to the United States for a valid business purpose.
AmCham Abu Dhabi does not guarantee that applicants will be granted a visa, however, the program will facilitate the time-consuming process of applying for a business visa.
For more information, refer to the guidelines below.
U.S. BUSINESS VISA PROGRAM GUIDELINES
- Applicant should be a current employee of an AmCham Abu Dhabi Platinum or Corporate Member and going on urgent business travel to the U.S.
- Applicant must obtain the “AmCham Abu Dhabi Certification letter” AFTER making an online visa appointment. The AmCham Abu Dhabi Certification letter must be brought to the U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi by the applicant on the day of the interview.
To obtain the “AmCham Abu Dhabi Certification letter”, please follow the steps below:
- Applicant should send a request to AmCham Abu Dhabi for the Certification letter.
- AmCham’s Membership department will send a template of the “Company Authorization letter” to be filled-out, which must be:
- on company letterhead
- signed by primary or secondary representative of AmCham Platinum or Corporate Member
- have a corporate stamp
- Applicant should send the completed “Company Authorization letter” to AmCham’s Membership department with a copy of the applicant’s passport and U.A.E. Residence Visa, sponsored by their company which is a current AmCham Platinum or Corporate member.
If the letter is not possible to obtain, AmCham’s Membership department may ask the applicant for an email to be sent from the primary or secondary representative of the AmCham Platinum or Corporate Member. A copy of the applicant’s passport and U.A.E. Residence Visa (sponsored by their company which is a current AmCham Platinum or Corporate member) should be attached. The email should state the following:
- the employee/applicant’s full name and title/position;
- a statement confirming that the applicant is a current employee of the company;
- the dates of proposed travel to the United States;
- a statement confirming that the employee/applicant has a valid business purpose to travel to the U.S. and a brief description of that valid business purpose;
- a statement certifying to AmCham Abu Dhabi that the information contained in the email is true and correct.
After reviewing all the submitted documents by the applicant, the AmCham Membership department will then issue the “AmCham Abu Dhabi Certification letter.” The letter must be physically collected at the AmCham office.
- Your business purpose should be made clear at your U.S. Embassy visa interview and border control interview.